Monday, June 1, 2009
♥ PACE 3005 – It’s a matter of size
Was busy helping a team of 4 teens organize their outdoor event @ ECP. Organized many events b4 but it’s the 1st time that I prayed soooo much! Was mentoring the IC for this event, 1 of the things I asked her to think about was to include prayer into the event. Merely remarked that it’s up to her re the frequency of the prayer, can b monthly, weekly, daily, even 5 x a day, really up to her since she is the IC. That blur blur gal took my words literally & told me that 5 x a day a lot, so we’ll just pray 3x daily, at 12pm, 6pm & 10pm everyday. In my heart, I was thinking ‘So often huh?’ But since I told her to decide, I should honour her decision and didn’t make that comment aloud. So we started a prayer chain reminder to remind each other to pray at the 3 specific time daily… the IC will send sms to 1 team member, then he/she send to the next person & so on & the last person will eventually sms the IC back. That’s when she’ll know that the reminder has gone thru everyone. Needs a lot of discipline to pray so often I must say… but it was a good experience & indeed many answer prayers!
All my prayers r answered! Praise God!
3 specific things I ask of God were:
1. Enough people to sign up
2. Good weather
3. Everyone in the team will encounter God personally
And praise God, indeed He answered all my prayers & in much more ways that I expect.
During debrief, everyone shared that their encounter with God in many different ways!
My own personal encounter w God was another highlight for me as well. I remembered there were couple of times in my life where I had trusted God wholeheartedly, experienced the ‘without a doubt’ faith. Somehow during the weeks of praying, the same feeling / state of mind/heart came back. I was feeling so joyful…
Then… I started to entertain doubts that Satan was putting in my mind & use my own understanding to rationalize the situation & I started to worry… During 1 of the meeting, Ber prayed for cloudy weather, not hot but cooling… in my heart, I was rationalizing… ‘but cloudy very easy turn to rain leh… must be real hot & sunny then lesser chance to rain.
Then during the planning stage, we have quite good responses in the sign up… And I started to worry that the games may not be enough to cater for the group. Was thinking maybe need to think of more games, add more stations etc…
I forgot the faith I was reminded of during the praying, the state of trusting God without a doubt was somewhere at the back of my mind… all I can think of was how to handle the situation and I forgot also the prayers that I had prayed.
But praying daily helps me to focus back on God, rejecting the thoughts of doubts that Satan put in my mind. Difficult to remember to not only pray every day but 3 x a day, having people in the team to push each other to pray certainly helps! Power of peer pressure! =P
In the end, everything was just nice! Enough people sign up, exactly enough stations that we have planned for, cloudy & cooling weather etc..
*Proverbs 3:5-6 has taken on a new meaning for me after the event… =)
All my prayers r answered! Praise God!
3 specific things I ask of God were:
1. Enough people to sign up
2. Good weather
3. Everyone in the team will encounter God personally
And praise God, indeed He answered all my prayers & in much more ways that I expect.
During debrief, everyone shared that their encounter with God in many different ways!
My own personal encounter w God was another highlight for me as well. I remembered there were couple of times in my life where I had trusted God wholeheartedly, experienced the ‘without a doubt’ faith. Somehow during the weeks of praying, the same feeling / state of mind/heart came back. I was feeling so joyful…
Then… I started to entertain doubts that Satan was putting in my mind & use my own understanding to rationalize the situation & I started to worry… During 1 of the meeting, Ber prayed for cloudy weather, not hot but cooling… in my heart, I was rationalizing… ‘but cloudy very easy turn to rain leh… must be real hot & sunny then lesser chance to rain.
Then during the planning stage, we have quite good responses in the sign up… And I started to worry that the games may not be enough to cater for the group. Was thinking maybe need to think of more games, add more stations etc…
I forgot the faith I was reminded of during the praying, the state of trusting God without a doubt was somewhere at the back of my mind… all I can think of was how to handle the situation and I forgot also the prayers that I had prayed.
But praying daily helps me to focus back on God, rejecting the thoughts of doubts that Satan put in my mind. Difficult to remember to not only pray every day but 3 x a day, having people in the team to push each other to pray certainly helps! Power of peer pressure! =P
In the end, everything was just nice! Enough people sign up, exactly enough stations that we have planned for, cloudy & cooling weather etc..
*Proverbs 3:5-6 has taken on a new meaning for me after the event… =)
3:32 PM
