Wednesday, July 1, 2009
♥ Disturbing questions...
We r reading this book "Adventure of discipling others" as part of the LTP programme. In fact I was quite disturbed by this chapter I was reading recently. At the back of each chapter there’s usually some reflection questions and 2 of them really ‘shout’ out to me:
1. A true disciple of Christ should be reproducing. If we are not, something could be wrong.
a. the word to note is ‘should’ and not a ‘must’. A ‘must’ is usually meant as compulsory, a command, or why r u not up to standard etc etc…
b. And the ‘should’ stands out because it is supposed to be natural… it is a result of our life in Christ.
c. Without consciously being Christlike, but merely just being ourselves, people around us will be attracted / drawn to us because of our lives in Christ.
=> As I reflect at my own life, I wonder is my life attractive enough to draw people to Christ naturally. This I’m not sure…
2. Acts 16:31 “They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household."
I’ve accepted Christ since I was 15. But strictly speakming, I really understood what it means to be a Christian when I finished my ‘O’ level at my very 1st NavTeens camp at 16. So effectively, I’ve been a child of God for 15 years already. But sad to say, I’ve yet to bring anyone in my family to Christ.
Since my episode w my mum where I was thrown out of the house & asked to choose between God or my mum, my faith has been a very sensitive topic at home. Praise God that my family has since accepted my faith & kind of accepted that I’m a Christian, I still very much fear getting into argument / discussion with them about Christianity.
In a way, I’ve been hiding in my comfort zone in TNT where I’ve no problem going out & share my faith. Ironically I became a coward in my own house. Because I’ve tasted the emotional trauma about 8 yrs ago, it’s like a ‘forbidden’ ground in me that I sub-consciously am afraid to go anywhere near it. Even though there are times I tread near / test water on & off eg talking to grandpa abt Christ when I visited him before he passed away, bringing grandma to church couple of times etc, there are still no breakthru’.
But God has been gracious and He cares for my family salvation. Without me doing anything at all, 1 of my auntie family came to know Christ & was even baptized last year! If God choose to keep me on earth & not take me to heaven yet, I can forsee that I’ll be challenging this ‘forbidden’ ground that I’ve avoided for years now that I’ll be approaching my next phase of life marriage. If God choose to bless me with children, I can already forsee a lot of opportunity for family gatherings, opening up of homes to family etc… more opportunities for outreach to family too! LOL! I can already forsee myself planning so much stuffs to occupy my time, kekeke…
1. A true disciple of Christ should be reproducing. If we are not, something could be wrong.
a. the word to note is ‘should’ and not a ‘must’. A ‘must’ is usually meant as compulsory, a command, or why r u not up to standard etc etc…
b. And the ‘should’ stands out because it is supposed to be natural… it is a result of our life in Christ.
c. Without consciously being Christlike, but merely just being ourselves, people around us will be attracted / drawn to us because of our lives in Christ.
=> As I reflect at my own life, I wonder is my life attractive enough to draw people to Christ naturally. This I’m not sure…
2. Acts 16:31 “They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household."
I’ve accepted Christ since I was 15. But strictly speakming, I really understood what it means to be a Christian when I finished my ‘O’ level at my very 1st NavTeens camp at 16. So effectively, I’ve been a child of God for 15 years already. But sad to say, I’ve yet to bring anyone in my family to Christ.
Since my episode w my mum where I was thrown out of the house & asked to choose between God or my mum, my faith has been a very sensitive topic at home. Praise God that my family has since accepted my faith & kind of accepted that I’m a Christian, I still very much fear getting into argument / discussion with them about Christianity.
In a way, I’ve been hiding in my comfort zone in TNT where I’ve no problem going out & share my faith. Ironically I became a coward in my own house. Because I’ve tasted the emotional trauma about 8 yrs ago, it’s like a ‘forbidden’ ground in me that I sub-consciously am afraid to go anywhere near it. Even though there are times I tread near / test water on & off eg talking to grandpa abt Christ when I visited him before he passed away, bringing grandma to church couple of times etc, there are still no breakthru’.
But God has been gracious and He cares for my family salvation. Without me doing anything at all, 1 of my auntie family came to know Christ & was even baptized last year! If God choose to keep me on earth & not take me to heaven yet, I can forsee that I’ll be challenging this ‘forbidden’ ground that I’ve avoided for years now that I’ll be approaching my next phase of life marriage. If God choose to bless me with children, I can already forsee a lot of opportunity for family gatherings, opening up of homes to family etc… more opportunities for outreach to family too! LOL! I can already forsee myself planning so much stuffs to occupy my time, kekeke…
3:38 PM
