Wednesday, November 5, 2008
♥ Branded bags...
Couple of pple commented tat my fossil wallet is hideous... I muz admit it looks quite old & unpresentable & I've been feeling quite pai-seh to take it out anyway.
It's about 2 years old liao… of cos it's worn & used… I did consider investing in a more presentable & lasting one... A friend got me a burberry wallet fr Japan as my bday present! I'm like "WOW! That's like the most expensive wallet / bag i've ever had!" and what amazes me even more is the Confidence one feel when holding a branded item is so amazing… HOWEVER, I also realised that it's also very addictive that makes u crave for more…
Recently in my biz trip fr Taiwan, Coach was having a 20% off at the Taipei airport and i almost bought myself a S$525 bag. Thank God they ran out of white. On hind side i'm so glad tat i didnt get to buy it, otherwise i will be filled with regrets later… cos IT'S SOOOOO EXPENSIVE!
I suppose this desire for branded bags came about not just cos of the wallet I had, but also lately when i travel to meet pple, i noticed that whether u like it or not, ur dressing, wallet, handbags etc all plays a part in making an impression with the people u r liasing with.
When i noticed how sturdy the bag look when i was at the coach shop at taipei airport (nothing to do while waiting for plane to be ready after check-in)…….. I must admit I was tempted... I was rationalising with myself the wonderful reasons to buy it…
~ I always spend $20 on cheap bags and quality not good
~ I always put so many stuffs into my bag, so my bags spoils easily.
~ 一分钱一分货, so might as well invest in a good quality bag.
U know, all these reasonings when u want to talk yourself into buying something…
So the thing is… I can still look good without getting myself addicted to branded stuffs. Or rather any form of addiction is not good.
Anyway, the above episode triggers the memory of how uncomfortable I feel whenever i enter those branded shop,.. cant help feeling tat those sales gals judge u based on your dressing, how u look, how u carry urself, whether u are carrying any branded items, whether u r a worthy customer for them to serve you…. Etc…. It's a realistic world out there like it or not…
What's really importatnt is not to let my own self confidence comes from material stuffs (bags, clothes, wallets, handphones etc) but to let my self confidence come from who I am and my own self worth.
(Of cos it's important to dress well, kindof difficult to have self confidence when one is dressed shabbily…)
It's about 2 years old liao… of cos it's worn & used… I did consider investing in a more presentable & lasting one... A friend got me a burberry wallet fr Japan as my bday present! I'm like "WOW! That's like the most expensive wallet / bag i've ever had!" and what amazes me even more is the Confidence one feel when holding a branded item is so amazing… HOWEVER, I also realised that it's also very addictive that makes u crave for more…
Recently in my biz trip fr Taiwan, Coach was having a 20% off at the Taipei airport and i almost bought myself a S$525 bag. Thank God they ran out of white. On hind side i'm so glad tat i didnt get to buy it, otherwise i will be filled with regrets later… cos IT'S SOOOOO EXPENSIVE!
I suppose this desire for branded bags came about not just cos of the wallet I had, but also lately when i travel to meet pple, i noticed that whether u like it or not, ur dressing, wallet, handbags etc all plays a part in making an impression with the people u r liasing with.
When i noticed how sturdy the bag look when i was at the coach shop at taipei airport (nothing to do while waiting for plane to be ready after check-in)…….. I must admit I was tempted... I was rationalising with myself the wonderful reasons to buy it…
~ I always spend $20 on cheap bags and quality not good
~ I always put so many stuffs into my bag, so my bags spoils easily.
~ 一分钱一分货, so might as well invest in a good quality bag.
U know, all these reasonings when u want to talk yourself into buying something…
So the thing is… I can still look good without getting myself addicted to branded stuffs. Or rather any form of addiction is not good.
Anyway, the above episode triggers the memory of how uncomfortable I feel whenever i enter those branded shop,.. cant help feeling tat those sales gals judge u based on your dressing, how u look, how u carry urself, whether u are carrying any branded items, whether u r a worthy customer for them to serve you…. Etc…. It's a realistic world out there like it or not…What's really importatnt is not to let my own self confidence comes from material stuffs (bags, clothes, wallets, handphones etc) but to let my self confidence come from who I am and my own self worth.
(Of cos it's important to dress well, kindof difficult to have self confidence when one is dressed shabbily…)
8:52 AM
